Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Jacki's Big Adventure, Part I

Ok, so Jacki came for a visit and I promised I would tell you how it went, so here goes. She arrived at 11:30PM which was extremely helpful in getting her over jetlag quickly. Over the next two and a half weeks we went to all of the usual tourist places: the Bird Park, the Singapore Zoo, China Town, Orchard Road, Arab Street, Sentosa, Underwater World, on the Duck tour, the DHL balloon (terrifying in my opinion, she loved it.) We went to a few non-tourist places as well: East Coast hawker centre, my school (SAS) and Kuang's office.
When we weren't busy walking all over the island, Jacki was busy getting sick. She had morning sickness, dehydration and even a lovely bout of mycoplasm (thanks to me!) It's no wonder I wasn't quite sure whether she enjoyed her trip or not. She was not thrilled with the food and we spent much of out time searching for western food.
Still she says she enjoyed it, especially the Bird Park, Zoo, Duck Tour and DHL balloon. As for me, I was glad I could share a slice of my life here in Singapore with my family.
Stay tuned for a future post with pictures from her trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home